We're bringing on a few talented visual designers who are also lifelong learners with a knack for storytelling. You'll join us on our mission as we craft the most delightful, bite-sized, educational experiences, designed to keep curious humans learning on their phones.
We're a small, early stage team, and you'll work right alongside our founder who's leading creative direction. Our goal is to give you the opportunity to practice your illustration chops within an exciting visual design language, while getting a feel for the exhilarating culture of an early startup. You'll be encouraged to learn as much as you can along the way and will build an excellent visual portfolio in the process.
What you'll do
Your primary responsibilities are illustration and the growth of our visual asset library, helping us scale up content production. You'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting aspects of visual storytelling, as we breathe life into new mediums for learning.
Depending on your interests, you'll be encouraged to learn and even contribute to other aspects of design on the team. This may include but is not limited to: user interviews, user experience testing, marketing, growth, prototyping, mobile design and beyond.
Who you are
- You have visual design experience and believe in the excellence of your craft.
- You have strong principles around color design and composition.
- You have a love for visual storytelling.
- You are highly detail oriented, not one to cut corners.
- You have an exceptional ability to extrapolate design details, quickly embracing and working within a new design language.
- You have strong communication and teamwork skills.
- You can work independently, taking initiative to organize, manage, and deliver on your own tasks.
- You believe there is always more to learn and are eager to grow as an individual.
- You'll embrace our design language and work within our content production framework to illustrate future Brainfood lessons.
- Illustrator files will be designed for animation handoff. You'll have the opportunity to learn, or even contribute to animation as well.
- You'll work closely with all members of the team to breathe life into each narrative, making sure lessons are equal parts delightful and informative.
- Depending on your interests, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to other aspects of visual design, or design related tasks.
- Strong visual portfolio that demonstrates illustration capabilities
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe After Effects (bonus)
- AirBnB Lottie (bonus)